Sunday, July 5, 2009

I really like accents

Have you ever noticed in the U.S. there is this standard accent? Not too eastern, not too western, just a boring middle?

That's what I have. I know a few individuals that would kill to have my "standard accent", but honestly I don't see anything too special about it. When I was younger, I had a hint of a Filipino accent, but my dad made sure that I grew out of it.

I've always liked guys with the soft southern accent. Nothing too deep, just a subtle little twang. Their accents remind me of a hot summer day spent sitting on the back porch drinking iced tea with lemon. Mmmmm.

However, I don't know why but I hate guys with New Jersey accents. They always make me think of dark thick haired Italian and Jewish guys wearing track suits and gold jewelry. Ick.

I don't know. I'm rambling. Don't even get me started on European accents. Oh my. Anytime someone from Germany or Britain comes to my average sized town everyone goes crazy with awe.

1 comment:

  1. I like some accents. I do agree about New Jersey accents... I have a friend from there and she's mostly converted to the Upstate New York accent, although every now and then you'll hear little bits of it, like "arnge" rather than "orange."

    ReplyDelete