Friday, July 24, 2009

Crushes: shot down before they get a chance

My friend B has often remarked on how "predictable" I am. I like to think that I have some portion of spontaneity in me, but I guess my nature prevents that from being so.

Liking a guy for more than a few weeks is rare because I tend to analyze the pros and cons of the person before I actually have a relationship with them.

Also, I seem to have the horrible knack of picking guys I can't have because of either their age, or because they're never single.

The age issue is the one that's probably the worst. Lucky for me, as I get older, age won't be too much of an issue....hopefully. To defeat my analytical self from ruining guys before I even get to date them for more than a few days, I'm going to not analyze so much.

I'm going to give people a chance. No more pros and cons. Well, for guys at least.


3 comments:

  1. the pros and cons thing left me single for a while because, honestly, guys can pack a lot of cons with them. especially young ones. then there's the whole finding a guy that's actually worth your time thing... sorry i'm being a downer: it's just that you're so great and guys are the way that they are. good job being more open minded and ceasing to analyze so much. it'll be fun, or at least make for some interesting blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha if you get a boyfriend, it'll be the weirdest thing in the world, but I'm sure you're aware of that already. However, I wish you the best of luck on your male-searching endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, good luck with your guy hunt. But remember! Some analyzation is good! I'm just saying, don't give the ones with a super bad reputation a chance! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete