Friday, July 10, 2009

63, great number indeed.

Me and Grandma, in 2007 (or was it 2006?)

Today is my grandma Pat's birthday. She is 63, and if my grandpa were alive he would be 88. Quite an age difference right?

My grandfather went through two wives before settling down with my grandma as the charmed third. I now see that I'm not crazy in liking older men because it runs in the family! Heck, I get everything but my skin tone from them, so why not this?

According to everyone who knew my grandma when she was in her roaring 20s, she was a "spitfire". Never afraid to complain, voice her discontent with anything, or point out what was wrong, she raised three boys--- the eldest being my dad.

Don't get me wrong, my grandma certainly still is a spitfire in my book, however I've been told she's calmed down a bit since the death of my grandpa.

She's a great person. As strong as ever, and a true example of what a mother is.

I'm spending the weekend with her, possibly even till Tuesday... then I get shipped off again to my other grandma's. I still need to find time to spend with mi madre.

1 comment:

  1. I love Grandmas. They are the best. The perfect "cocktail" of love, wits, wisdom and character.
    Also good bakers.
    how can you not love them?

    Happy birthday to your Granny!

    ReplyDelete