Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hmm? Really?

So Thanksgiving is coming up, and I'm kind of bummed that we only get three days off for holiday.  I swear, last year we had like a week off for the holiday.  Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter all that much as long as we still have two weeks off for Christmas.

I've got a lot of stuff that's going to be due soon, like my thematical Essay for English.  Great fun.

I'm doing it on the short story Harrison Bergeren by Kurt Vonnegut.

It's a pretty cool and outrageous story, and of course, next to Ray Bradbury, Kurt Vonnegut is one of my favourite authors.

Also, this weekend will be spent at my grandparents' house because my parents will be in New Orleans without me.... again.

I miss New Orleans, especially the French Quarter, and all the random flee markets.  Oh well, they need their 'couple time'  ick, but it's healthy for their relationship, which is great because they get stressed out after having to deal with 3 kids.  So to them, a free weekend to party is great.

I'll probably be seeing the much talked about Twilight movie with a couple of friends that I met at a Debate meet.  And then next Friday I'll probably see it again with another group of friends.

6 comments:

  1. You have awesome taste in authors :D
    I just finished Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, and Ray Bradbury is amazing as well (I love Fahrenheit 451.)

    As for Twilight... Not such a great book. I will not be seeing the movie. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read anything by Kurt Vonnegut but I love Ray Bradbury! Twilight has been extra-hyped the past few weeks so I wonder how great the movie will actually be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get 3 days off? I only get one. :(
    I'll probably end up seeing Twilight a couple different times too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only three days?? We get a week (I think). I love Ray Bradbury :) Never read anything by Vonnegut though. Sounds interesting O:

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, school breaks get shorter and shorter. i'm going to see Twilight too! my lit professor was talking about it today. haha.. you just made mr miss the French Quarter too. i haven't seen it since, well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay, another college-age-ish blog to read. :)

    Sorry about that cocoa and your nose. Pretty good way to clear out the sinuses, though.

    ReplyDelete