Saturday, November 15, 2008

Champions.

Today I am very excited. In fact, I'm ecstatic. Today of course I participated in a Debate tournament, and guess what?

I MADE FOURTH PLACE. Out of like A LOT of LD debaters. I'd say there were at least 40 - 45 debaters at the tourney, and I made top 5!

What makes it even better is the fact that I'm a novice! This was like, what? My fourth ever competition--- and I placed? I can't believe it!

However, I didn't just show up there and win, there was a lot of drama brought on by--- who else but crappy Jack. (if you don't know what he looks like, just type in Jack in my search bar)

Anyways, Jack does PFD style debating, which means he has to work with a partner in the round. Of course, he was paired up with Keenan, who is easily freaked out in stressful situations.

As said above, Keenan doesn't do well under a lot of pressure, and during a round he go confused and blanked out, which inevitably cause him and Jack to lose the round.

Of course, Jack being the stupid butthole that he is decides to put the full blame on Keenan, and basically ignores him and treats Keenan badly all day. However, when working with a partner you have to share ideas and have communications, which of course Jack did not have.

After that one round, the whole day Jack was being very mean and rude towards Keenan, and even other members of the team. Not cool. He should have just sucked it up and moved on. It wasn't just Keenan's fault. It was his too for not being a supportive and understanding team member.

Anyways, there was much debating of religion and other hot topic issues between Nathan and I in the van ride home, and I have to admit his is a very viable and amusing opponent. I wouldn't mind running against him for a place in a government office. The only issue is all his racist slurs. Those aren't amusing.

So, I'm at the end of the day, with one day left in the weekend, and I feel accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lizzi!! :D
    I knew you would do awesome, and I bet this further proves to Jacob just how capable you are of handling the team next year XD Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Grats! I was on the debat team for one year, but it wasn't for me. I'm more like Keenan, and I wasn't doing too well on the team. But coooongrats!! That's so cool! :D Next president? lol.

    ReplyDelete