Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Middle Ground

I've finally found my middle ground. I'm at the point in my life where I don't really want to argue with my parents. In fact I keep all of my comments marked under the "Talking Back" category inside of my head.

It just makes me mad when my parents don't acknowledge the fact that I do think about other people and not just myself.  

Like when I needed to get shoes for pre drill they were kinda mad I guess that I was picky.... But I wanted to get shoes that I could wear outside of dance at the same time. Like multipurpose shoes, and... well we had a disagreement.... which will probably lead to a butt chewing out.

My parents are right in the long run, but I want to be able to make my own decisions, even if I do screw up. That's what life is all about. Screwing up and learning from our mistakes.

HOWEVER. I have decided not to talk back... or at least not a lot. It's just way easier to sit there and nod my head and agree because I really don't feel like arguing, or telling my parents off. Also, in the back of my mind I don't want to be disrespectful to the point of being just a horrible kid.

Photo Courtesy of  Tearofice

2 comments:

  1. It's always good to find middle ground and they will hopefully acknowledge your compromise and treat you more like an adult, at least that's how I got my parents to be lax when it comes to rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you-nodding my head and replying yes, unless there's a serious injustice, then I will speak out.

    ReplyDelete