Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If I was a...(#4)

Hey, welcome back to the Fourth installment of If I was a...

If you haven't already checked out the previous posts in the series, you should definitely go see them!

Today I wanted to discuss the pros and cons of being a therapist. Let's face it, it's a job that most people couldn't handle. Listening to peoples problems, and trying to advise them isn't the easiest of jobs, yet I seem to do it on a daily basis with my family.

Heck, after all that consoling I have to go to a counselor of my own! However, it makes me happy when I can advise people, or help them in some way.

In fact, with most people, all they need is someone to talk to. Sometimes I pride myself on being a good listener. Sometimes.

Other times I get really reclusive. I don't really like talking about my personal life to others, and when I do it's very little. Actually, I only tell about 20% of my life to my friends. It's sad but true.

The weird thing is, even though I don't like opening up to others, they seem to like opening up to me. I dunno, maybe it's because I just sit there and listen. Who knows?

Also, it's very interesting to learn about the human mind and how it works! not to mention the pay is great.

I don't know. It certainly would be something to consider.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto with you there. I seem to have a "Tell me all your problems" sticker on my forehead, yet I don't enjoy sharing mine. Hence my blog of rants.

    Oh, and I realize these posts are scheduled and all so you haven't read any of my comments yet, but now you have something to come back to!

    ReplyDelete