Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dallas, baby haircuts

I know I probably diss Texas more than I talk good about it, but I must say, it's major cities are awesome.

Especially Dallas. Not only does it have amazing shopping areas, but it also has the best food in the northern central area of the state.

When we went Saturday we had lunch at this place called Babe's which serves home style country food like chicken fried steak, fried chicken, and pot roast. The servings are heroically large, and you get free refills on all of the sides which are cream of corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, and the best green beans you will ever consume. This place is so great that Texas Monthly put it on the cover of their magazine.

For dinner we ate at a pizza place called Grimauldi's which had this cool "white pizza" which was pizza with garlic and mozzarella and no sauce, and whatever toppings you wanted. The place had a very chic atmosphere.

Shopping wise we visited Sam Moon's which is this giant lady's accessory and luggage store. I got a much needed belt there, and if I ever need a purse, I'm definitely making that place my first stop.

If for some awful reason I don't get accepted to an out of state university, Dallas will be a place to consider for college.

Oh yeah, while in Dallas I found the most awesome CD on the planet: The best of Blondie!!!

My life is complete now. Well, you know what I mean. My weekend was great, and to top it off, Steven, my baby brother got his first haircut! I'm not in any of these pictures because I was the one with the camera :P




1 comment: