Wednesday, August 12, 2009

601, a large number indeed

It's my 601st post already? Wow.

Today I again went through my yearly ritual of making promises to myself to not procrastinate and make higher grades in school.

I don't know why, but I just do it. I always feel like I have to hype myself up to assure myself that I will indeed be ready for the school year.

The only thing I'm really worried about, as I've stated before, is Math. Math and I have a rocky relationship. This year I know that I'm going to need extra help, so I plan on talking to my parents about a tutor. My grandparent's have a friend who is a Maths professor at UT (a super awesome university in Texas) and he's offered to tutor me if I need any extra help understanding things.

I don't see why Math is so hard for me. All of my classes are honor classes EXCEPT for math. I excel in everything EXCEPT math.

Oh well. As long as my grade is a B or higher, I'm good. I was lucky enough to get a B average last year in math.

Also, I just recently found out that I had to read A Tale of Two Cities for AcaDec over the summer. Oops. I bought the book, and I'm confident that I'll be able to finish it before the 24th. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations for you 601st post!
    And for being Lady President of your debate team!

    About Math... what can I say... I was lucky enough to be one of those people that gets Math. But hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, 601 posts is amazing :D Congrats! It'd take me another six years to do that haha.

    I don't know, I mean, I understand the math, but I just make terribly stupid mistakes on the tests. Like accidentally adding instead of subtracting or something... gah, it makes me so mad!

    But yeah, it's okay that math isn't really your strong point, it's definitely not mine either. But if you were absolutely amazing at EVERYTHING then that would just be unfair to everyone else haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice job on acquiring 600 posts.

    Sorry to hear about math.
    I'm actually quite good at math, but ever since a mistake of getting out of Algebra in 8th grade because of Mr. McBride, I'm forced to stay in regular math.

    Good luck on your book, and fulfilling your goal of making better grades. I'm making the same goals.

    We can help each other stick to that responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. math and myself have had some literal fights. there are too many types of intelligence for one subject to get you down. do your best, get a tutor [i used to be one!], and be amazing!

    ReplyDelete