Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Second Day Stress

Let me start off my stating something totally horrifying: I HAVE BAGS UNDER MY EYES.

Maybe it's due to to lack of sleep, maybe it's all the stress of having pages of homework on my first day, maybe it's because I just realized that if I mess up once, there goes the rest of my High School career.

It all started in Debate, where I was told by our new coach that we had a crap schedule, and might not be going to as many tournaments.

He stressed me, and told us all to think of ways to get money, and to look at grants, blah blah blah.

So of course, the first thing I go and do is look at the many different grants we could apply to, and view all of the ones we even had a chance of receiving. I found one. I did what Coach said, I found one, I read it over, and then I did something he didn't tell me to do. I freaked out.

How am I, a sophomore in high school, supposed to write a grant? I have no access to any of the information needed to apply to one, also if I'm not mistaken, you need to have some form of education higher than that of a sophomore in order to even remotely comprehend all of the legal things behind it.

So all day I'm freaking out, wondering how on earth we're going to come up with $4,000 or more, then I go to AcaDec and see my old coach Tina Fey(because, you know, she looks like her..)

It turns out all my freak out was for nothing because 1) The new coach doesn't know our full budget until September, and 2) we're having a tournament in October which should bring in about $2,000, and then one in the spring which should give us even more money.

So I'm no longer freaking out about money and grants and such, but that still doesn't change the fact that I have homework in almost every class, and there are bags under my eyes. For now, I'm going to listen to some Grizzly Bear and Sufjan Stevens, and not worry about anything other than my bags.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you don't have to worry too much about the money and grants and everything, but it still sounds like a very stressful day, especially for only the second day! D: Maybe today will be better? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things worked out but I got bad news- those bags won't go away. They get worse in college.

    ReplyDelete