Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Freud, and then some morons.

My English teacher, (who is the bomb) changed up her syllabus from last year, instead of throwing us into Julius Caesar essays, she's letting us study the ever amazing and interesting Freud.

First let me start of by saying that my AP English 2 class knows nothing about Freud. They can't even say his name properly, let alone understand a paragraph of his work. We're given a packet based on his theory of the creative writer and fantasy and put in groups so we can answer a set of 15 questions.

I have had to do most of the work for my group because no one knows what the heck the question is talking about. Shoot me please. Just kidding. I just wish someone other than me at my school was into Philosophy other than some teachers.

Oh well. School has been going pretty well, even though I have about 10 pages worth of writing homework per day, but I think I can handle it.

I haven't been procrastinating whatsoever, and I've just been getting all of my work out of the way as soon as possible. Hopefully I'll keep it up throughout the year.

Oh yeah, this has nothing to do with what I was talking about before, but has anyone else other than me noticed all of the outrageously ugly plaid? I see it everywhere. It was ok, until everyone and their mom started wearing it. And in such ugly colors too!

Sorry if you wear plaid, but after you spend 3 days seeing nothing of it, you get sick of it.

6 comments:

  1. I must say, I think many more people would understand where the questions were going if she hadn't started with that assignment and perhaps worked us towards it.

    As far as the plaid goes, it's the freshmen. They seem to adore plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like plaid. I may not wear it but still :)

    Good luck with the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, plaid. I see it everywhere now... Good luck with school and Freud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I like your style of music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord! Freud? And how old are you again?
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing that you're that much into philosophy. I always admired people who juggle ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!
    This is kind of weird! I think we were writing comments on the other's blog at the same time.
    Crazy stuff!
    Sorry for this "off topic".

    ReplyDelete