Friday, April 24, 2009

Killing metaphorical birds with a real stone

So you know those cool kids, the ones that are like so artsy, and don't care about anything but being "free" and talk of all this deep stuff that flies over your head most of the time?

Yeah. Whenever I talk to people like that, I always come off as real lame. They always have the odd, yet somehow poetic skill of mixing the tangible with the figurative.

Try as I might, when compared to them, I come off as really lame and can never pull it off just right. It's like, they just think up this stuff and it comes flying out of their mouths sounding like trippy hidden messages.

If I ever attempt it, it's never as cool. Or maybe I'm just being judgemental on myself.

--------

On a more morbid note, we dissected worms today in class, and the first five minutes I was sad, and a bit grossed out, but after that I was able to do everything ok.

This always happens. And it doesn't only apply to dissecting, just overall in general life. If something bothers me, or makes me sad--- and it's necessary for me to do then I just get over it. I don't know. I guess it could be a good thing, but I can't escape the really flaky feeling I get.

1 comment:

  1. OOh, dissections! Sadly the best part of my Bio lab was when we got to the dissecting part, even if the smell of formaldehyde is gross.

    ReplyDelete