1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
broke a washing machine!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have no idea if I kept my resolutions, but I usually make them every year if I can.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My Stepmom! Wooo I got a new baby brother!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
erm, I feel terrible if someone did, but I have to say I can't remember, so probably no.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year, and probably not till I'm 18. Made a few trips to New Orleans and Oklahoma though.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Uhm, a press pass to Afghanistan and Southern Congo. There's a story that needs to be told that no one is willing to speak about over there.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Honestly, I have no idea. Probably every time I got in trouble, because I don't want to get in trouble again.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Overcoming my fear of talking to people I don't know. Also, achieving the greatest height of my value (haha)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Breaking the washing machine.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a bad cough for like 3 months right when school started. Bleh. That was horrible.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Ray Bradbury novel. I didn't spend much this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Er, mine? I've been a pretty decent kid this year, if you don't count accidentaly breaking house appliances.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mr. Blagovitch. AKA Lego head. Seriously. Selling a Senate seat? How stupid can you get?
14. Where did most of your money go?
art stuff, gum, DOWN THE DRAIN WITH THE REST OF THE ECONOMY.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My baby brother! And the Harry Potter movie, until it was canceled. Death to those folks who moved in back! DEATH.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Oh boy, Vampire by Antsy Pantsy
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
HAPPY LIKE A SPRING CHICKEN.
ii. thinner or fatter?
pretty much the same. I lost a pant size.....
iii. richer or poorer?
I am poe. I'm a starving artistic political activist who is too young to do anything.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I was more open to hugs, so I wish that I could have spread more happiness.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Nagging. I nag my friends when they make bad grades. They're better than that.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Moving. Dude I had like 4 Christmases.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
With my new found confidence? Yes.
23. How many one-night stands?
Zero. No nights in Sunnyville.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Anything news. The news was more interesting this year.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
my mom? Haha, jk, jk. Not really. I started hating Jack this year though.
26. What was the best book you read this year?
Anderson Cooper's book was excellent, and the Same with anything Bill Maher wrote.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
MGMT. By far the best. My dad thinks they're weirdos.
28. What did you want and get?
A LEG LAMP, and of course art stuff
29. What did you want and not get?
Patrick Stumph --- haha an old wish I've had.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Juno, Speed racer are tied. Both are very good!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing much. Went to the Casino to eat, I was 15---
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Helping out in New Orleans with the re-building that still needs to go on. It's not easy trying to sleep when thinking about all those folks without homes, having to live in camper trailers, with numbers still painted on the outside of houses showing how many dead were found inside. ---- sorry about that, got a little carried away.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Not so dark as I used to be.
34. What kept you sane?
Books, and B.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Do you really need to ask?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
no one really.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
er, I've met so many people.... they know who they are.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
So it goes.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm too terrified and would you mind if I
sat next to you and watched you smile
"--Fall Out Boy in "Pretty in Punk"