Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PETA....are they really all that good?

Ok. Let's get some facts strait before we start this post. I'm just a kid with a computer and a strong opinion, which I am not afraid to hide. I am NOT a paid or endorsed professional, and most of the information I'm posting on here can commonly be found anywhere on the internet. I have links and references if you'd like to check them.

Peta. Are they really all that good? I mean honestly, the type of things I hear from adults when I mention their name is kind of mixed. Most of the time they have negative opinions about the organization claiming that they take thing too far, while a select few say that they support them.

I've heard many things about them. Most of them are shockingly not good. Here are some facts that's I've dug up.

-Did you know that at least
2,981 animals died at the hands of PETA employees in 2006? I sure didn't until now.

-
Some quotes made by PETA's president and co-founder, Ingrid Newkirk.
  • “Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out."
  • Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we’d be against it.
  • I openly hope that it [hoof-and-mouth disease] comes here. It will bring economic harm only for those who profit from giving people heart attacks and giving animals a concentration camp-like existence. It would be good for animals, good for human health and good for the environment.
  • Our nonviolent tactics are not as effective. We ask nicely for years and get nothing. Someone makes a threat, and it works.
Now, doesnt that make you think?
If you want more quotes you can get them here


-
Wanna see the proof that they actually do kill more animals than they help?? Click here.

-PETA poisons animals. Don't believe me? Here's a testimonial.

Wanna see more Info? Check out this page.

Hope this reference page was helpful : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment