Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Night Owls Anonymous


For some reason I have issues falling asleep when someone tells me that I HAVE to sleep. Maybe it's just me and my authority issues, but honestly I can't help it.
I toss and turn; I find reasons to get up and walk around, and I don't feel the least bit tired. However, when it's a slow day, and I know for a fact that I don't have to necessarily get any sleep for the next day I can conk out in less than 5 minutes. What's up with that?

I don't know.

My mom for some horrific reason wants us up and out of the house before 6am because the house cleaner is coming by.

Apparently she had tried calling to re-schedule it for later on in the day, but couldn't get a hold of the house cleaner, ergo we all have to wake up early in order to be out of the house cleaner's way.

Why on earth anyone would schedule someone to come around at 6 in the morning to clean their house is beyond me, but that's my mom for you. Also, there's not much to clean around here, and I could certainly do everything myself, but nooooo we have to pay someone else to do something that I could do for free.... or perhaps $20 less than the other person.

But I digress. I was supposed to get a good night's sleep so that I could wake up early and be lucid enough to function outside of the house (maybe get some McDonalds), but I haven't slept for more than 15 minutes.

I tried laying in the dark, hoping to fall asleep soon, but after staring at blackness for about an hour I gave up and got back online, and here I am. Not sleeping. And I'm due to 'wake up' in about 2 1/2 hours. Great.

Side note: I was googling pictures of night owls and this jewel pops up.
I almost forgot about the Night Owl from Watchmen! His little owl-mobile is too cute. And yes, many hardcore comic book fans are doing face/palms right now because of what I just typed.

4 comments:

  1. haha, loving the last picture!

    I hate it when that happens, I guess it might be the teenage rebellious side, someone tells you to go to bed, and you just don't. Hopefully you are functioning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have trouble sleeping. It'd be a vicious circle of falling asleep at three in the morning, and waking up a noon. I've started watching movies on my laptop - usually something old, or foreign. The sound of people talking knocks me right out.

    I think the question is not who schedules a house cleaner at 6 a.m., but who agrees to come clean a house at 6 in the morning? House cleaners need sleep, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't sleep, I guess my body has gotten used to going to bed at 3am and waking up at 7. Which means even I would find hiring a cleaner for 6am ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm barely functional at 6 am, so I have no idea how anyone would even want to come to clean houses that early! But arghness, I hate those nights where no matter what you do you just cannot fall asleep. And of course it always ends up happening before the one day that you need to wake up ridiculously early...

    ReplyDelete