Friday, June 4, 2010

Determined to look at the bright side

Remember my last post? About wanting my parents to slow down so I wouldn't have to take so many impromptu trips?

Yeah. Going on another one of those, except this time with my mom and her new husband and my little sisters. To Arkansas. It's a 6-7 hour drive from where I am in Texas, and I really don't want to be couped up in a car with my mom for that long.

I was called today, informed that I was to be ready Sunday at 1pm to be picked up. According to my sister we're spending a week up there to go shopping and other stuff. Why on earth we're going to Arkansas to shop is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. Free stuff with a little bit of guilt FTW!

While I'm in a new place I'm going to take the opportunity to spread around Karma Cards! What are they you ask? Karma Cards are little pieces of inspiration that not only boosts the spirits of those who receive them, but also make you feel good inside for having lifted someone's spirit.





I had some free time (and printer ink) today to print these off and cut them out, but if you're lazy and would much rather just order a pack of really nice quality cards you can do so here thanks to Sarah Von. Sarah also gives fun and interesting tips and ideas on where to place them. Oh yeah, did I mention that you could get 15 cards for just a measly $6, with free shipping and handling?

I love how uplifting and inspiring each card is, and I can't wait to start raking in the good karma!

2 comments:

  1. that is a great idea,

    the karma cards sound awesome! Never heard of them before, but they do seem like something nice to do. Personally Ive always wanted to write a bunch of letters all saying to smile because someone cares, and stick them in all the local mailboxes. Never had the courage to do it, I think I might. Its good that you can look at the bright side of life, and hopefully you have fun getting a bunch of new stuff, who doesn't love shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I hope the long hours stuck in the car aren't too bad! Just remember there's a huge shopping spree at the end of it, haha. The Karma Cards really are a great idea. Anything that can make both other people and yourself feel better at the same time have to be!

    ReplyDelete