Sunday, September 20, 2009

Something.

I'm not an adrenaline junkie.

It takes an honors physics student to coax me on a roller coaster and tell me equations and statistics throughout the ride in order to keep me sane.

However, even though I'm not into stunts, I get the same rush whenever I do any form of public speaking.

It's weird. I always feel so jittery and rushed during a Debate round, my brain on overdrive, my hand writing so fast I smear ink if I'm not careful--- it's great.

I feel smart when I use words like pragmatism, and feel even smarter when I discuss the philosophical side of economic theories. There's a reason why I promote debate and speech programs.

It's important that we as individuals expand our horizons and learn to view life with a little objectivity. I'm tired of listening to ignorant people and I know that maybe, if they were put in a position in which they had to argue both sides their thoughts on some issues would change drastically.

Also, everyone needs to feel smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment