Wednesday, February 13, 2008

OMG it's a serious blog post!


The world revolves around no one. In fact one might be so bold as to say that it revolves around nothing at all. Now, I know that's not politically correct, but that's how I view the world. Even though I'm only some young know-it-all teenager I've pondered the universe many times, and each time I ended up with a head splitting migraine.


For an American teen my age I've been relatively lucky. My parents are divorced, but I live with my Dad so it's all cool. I make decent grades and I'm in advance classes. My friends are awesome, and I have few enemies. Sounds perfect right?


If you think yes then you'd be surprised. There are many kids who are way better off than I am, and yet they still seem to find reasons to do drugs. I don't get it. Their parents are together, and they have no history of family abuse; so why do they do drugs?


Is it because they're bored?


I could understand if they had a tough life, and they grew up in that environment---But when you've got everything, why would you throw it away by doing drugs? Why would you throw everything away by doing something stupid that could end up in disease or pregnancy?


Why is it that they can't see that they've got the world at their fingertips? It just kills me to see people waste opportunities like they're nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment