Thursday, February 11, 2010

My house smells like vicks

So it's snowing in east Texas, and of course it's a really big deal. Just last week I was wearing short sleeved shirts and light jackets, and now? SNOW. EVERYWHERE.

The best part is the fact that tomorrow I don't have to go to school until 10 am. Best thing ever.

The only drawback is the fact that everyone is sick. My stepmom bought some liquid vicks, and now my house reeks of peppermint and menthol. Sexy, I know.

Right now I'm just trying to keep my head above the water because I'm about to drown in school work. Since I missed two days of school from being sick I had to make up two tests, and lots of paper work.

I've tried to come in early and get things taken care of, but at least 3 of my teachers haven't graded any of my tests and the last day to enter grades into the system for report cards is tomorrow.

FML. Oh well. I did my part, now I'm just hoping that my teachers aren't too busy to do theirs.

I just went up in my class ranking 5 places, I don't want to go back down!

2 comments:

  1. Its snowing tons out of nowhere here in Carrollton, TX too! School was delayed untill 10 am as well but then they just canceled it all together so we had a snowball fight with 20 kids from school.
    Hope you get all the school work done, when it comes to that stuff--I'm horrible!

    -ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. it snowed an average of 5in out here in Mississippi. An all out record. Needless to say, everything but banks, hospitals, and fast-food joints were closed. Sick people still need care and they still need a way to pay for it. And who in the hell is cooking on a snow day?!

    Don't let those teachers be lazy. Stay on them the way they try to stay on you. It's only fair.

    ReplyDelete