Monday, February 21, 2011

What has the world come to?

So it's almost that time of year again. A time where girls work out like crazy and do a lot of core training to get into shape for summer, aka swim suit season.

Personally the only reason I like summer is because there's no school/homework/shy guys to ruin my life, but I also like summer because of water. And swimming. Oh yeah, and trips to Las Vegas/New Orleans...

But I'm straying past my original point. Guys have it pretty easy when it comes to swimwear. Throw on a pair of trunks, or perhaps even a speedo (if you're into the whole social suicide thing) and you're good to go. Girls however have to worry about a myriad of things when it comes to swimwear.
Will this suit give me weird tan lines?
Will this suit be prone to wardrobe malfunctions?
Does this suit make my butt look good big, or bad big?

Through painful trial and error I have had to approach these questions. And yes, I am aware that it is only February, but still. It's better to prepare ahead of time then to rush around Old Navy the day before you go to the water park hoping that they have a retro swimsuit in your size.

This year I plan on trying to search for the perfect retro swimsuit that won't make me go broke (sorry modcloth, I refuse to pay $80+ on swimwear) and I also plan on avoiding hideous ones like this, which I found on Marie's blog.

Call me crazy, but I don't think that 70's wood paneling is flattering on all figures :/
Oh, and for all of you guys state side, Happy Presidents Day! (hooray for no school!)

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA wow, that is one of the saddest swimsuits I have ever seen... I agree though. Guys are basically just wearing shorts as swimwear, meanwhile girls have to worry about whether or not their underwearlike garments are going to fall off. I am unbelievably flat chested and have no hips, so it's a pain to find one that actually fits correctly. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Natalie I'm not flat chested, and I still have trouble finding suits that fit :/

    This is why I think swimwear should never be designed by men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through my first reading I thought you said you liked the wood paneling but wow! that is one ugly suit.

    I love retro but I'm not willing to go all out for it, especially a swim suit. Actually, I've had the same one for 3 years (I think it's time for a new one) just because it fits so well!

    Hopefully you'll find your perfect fit too :)

    ReplyDelete