Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Update in pictures!


I got my AcaDec medals in the mail! The gold is for scoring highest in my school division, and the silver is for placing second overall in literature. For some reason I though I would medal in Art, but I'm not really complaining with what I got :)

I found this gem in the art room today. In December we had an acrylic transfer project and we had to use photos of ourselves. My friend Andria didn't like her photo so she used one of me. She titled the above piece "Lizzi In the Sky With Diamonds". The piece below was my project that I titled "Butterfly Brains". Apparently my art teacher had them out as examples for her other students... I don't really know how I feel about that.
This project was probably the most unplanned thing I ever did. In fact, most of this piece was a happy accident, but it hey, it worked!

And last but not least I've finally filled my jar of stars! I decided to make some colored ones to mix it up a little :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your super shiny medals and such! And your art is awesome, for lack of a better adjective. Just awesome. Happy accidents are great things! And hurrah for finishing all of your stars; I like the colored ones. :)

    ReplyDelete