Thursday, August 5, 2010

All dried up

School starts for me on the 23rd and I'm supposed to have had my AcaDec Speech done by now, but I'm completely lost on what to do it on.

Usually I have no issue writing a short 3 minute speech but I'm at a loss. I have the opportunity to talk about WHATEVER I want and I can't think of a single thing of interest to blab on about with an equal amount of panache and wit.

I thought about sacrificing a small bird to the gods of creative juices, but I get a bit squeamish when it comes to killing things that aren't computer generated. I blame my inner tortured buddhist/artist/pacifist for my lack of anything to offer up as sacrifice in exchange for inspiration.

If I can't come up with anything between now and the 15th I'll just talk about all the new web and copyright laws that have been swirling about. Now making that stuff interesting and witty will prove to be somewhat of a challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Whenever we get an assignment to write about / speak about / etc. whatever we want, without all the guidelines and restrictions, it tends to be harder to come up with one idea since there are just so many possibilities! That makes it harder for me at least. Best of luck getting your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete