|Because this post needed a picture, and I like being creepy.|
- To everyone that isn't blind and noticed my re-design, THANKS! I meant to do a post on it, but alas, I sort of forgot. Then again, whenever I change something (haircut, glasses, etc.) I usually forget to warn people ahead of time, so when they're all like: "Hey, cute haircut!" I'm all like: "WTF you talkin' about? I didn't get a hair--- Oh. Right. Thanks." Anyway, I was inspired by my fellow Blogger Family member Maggie who recently underwent a re-design as well. Can you believe that the font she's using for her bio is her own handwriting? NO ONE'S HANDWRITING IS THAT AWESOME. Anyways, I got tired of the weird pastel thing I had going on and decided to take a few design cues from GQ, Urban Outfitters, and Nylon.
- If you haven't seen this video yet, you should. With all the hateful people out on the internet, someone needs to step forward and call them out on their BS.
- I am a lover of infographics, and I found this one particularly interesting. I'm glad I picked yellow as the accent color for my blog re-design.
- I'm trying to get more into yoga. Aside from a few basic poses for relaxation, I don't know that many, and I get distracted when I turn to youtube for help. Does anyone have any specific recommendations as to where I should start?
- With all this Obamacare hullabaloo I have reached an impasse with myself. Although I've stated this probably a billion times, I live in Texas. The state that is constantly threatening to secede, but too damn lazy to do anything about it; the state that bleeds red, despite having a very blue and liberal heart. Texas. Because of my geographical location a lot of my friends happen to be very conservative, which is ok, BUT there is only so much Obama bashing I can take. I mean, threatening to move to Mexico because of a healthcare bill? Really? Yeah. Have fun getting decent medical care in a developing country where a lot of health and safety laws are nonexistent/ignored unless you pay mucho dinero for it. I can only receive so many anti-Obama rally invitations before I start to question my friendships with the vast amount of people I deem "facebook-worthy acquaintances." I mean, what should I do? Despite this singular issue, I genuinely like these people. We grew up together, we have family in common, we often bump into each other around town, etc. I just wish everyone would just shut up and be happy and drink a cool beverage.
- I have recently developed an obsession with NCIS. Forrealz, guys. It's pretty bad, especially since USA has marathons that I DVR and watch while doing leg lifts and bicycle crunches. Oh man. Abby is my hero.