Friday, July 20, 2012

De-stress

deathly hallows!
A lot has been going on lately, and in order decompress all of my angst and sort of just relax I decided to spend the day with my friend Rebekka.  We hung out in her backyard "baking" in the wonderful Texas heat while listening to Alex Clare.  I got a sun tattoo, and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  Since I didn't have any fancy sticker paper I just painted the deathly hallows symbol on my arm with puffy paint.  I love puffy paint.  And $6 bikini tops from Wal-Mart.

I tan so easily, we were only outside for maybe an hour and I managed to get the result that I wanted.  I'm so  incredibly excited about it, despite it being semi-temporary.  I'm sure I'll hate myself 20 years from now when my skin starts showing all the damage I've inflicted upon it, but c'est la vie.  I'll stock up on moisturizer.

After we couldn't bear the heat anymore we retreated into her house and had a fun time gossiping and doing girl things like make lists of people that we hated in high school that we hope to never see again.  Fun stuff.

Tomorrow I go back to my routine of working out and attempting to get actual work accomplished.... Meh.


6 comments:

  1. The sun tattoo did come out pretty well. Just avoid some certain people until it goes away. It's good you're having fun too :) It should really help de-stress you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out so well! That's crazy that you got so tan in an hour. Although after just a few days running outside versus on the treadmill I have a really bad sports bra tan... haha. It's good that you got a break from stressfulness for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tattoo is super cool!

    I wish my awkward tennis tan would go away, but I'm convinced it never will...I still have a weird tan line on my feet from two years ago.

    Yay for breaks from stress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For fun, you should tell people you got that marking on your arm when you were abducted by aliens. I never go out in the sun anymore. Sadly, I don't have a reason to. If that ever changes I may end up being burned to a crisp, if I'm not careful.

    ReplyDelete