Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Winning plan

So for some reason I qualified for regional debate competition (!) and I think it was due to my master preparation skills.

The night before competition my parents let me have the house to myself. I was able to compose myself my doing numerous speaking drills while watching C-SPAN.

Oh those sexy democrats!

My original plan was to alternate between different speaking drills and work on word economy, but after about 30 minutes of practice I was done. I realized that I was psyching myself out and setting myself up for failure if I continued to read anything else debate related, so you know what I did?

I had myself a little Boondock Saints marathon in which I watched the first and second movies until I passed out from sheer exhaustion.

The guns, the violence, the lovely irish accents! In all I think I got about 3-4 hours of sleep before I had to head out to competition.

3rd place! I feel like the Johnny Weir of debate! Not really! I don't want to end up placing 6th at regionals like he did at the Olympics.

Anyways, regional competition is the 24th and I plan on doing the exact same thing I did for district. For some reason everyone thinks that I'm stressing out about having to compete, but if only they knew the way I got ready.....

Practice does not make me perfect, it just stresses me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment