Saturday, October 17, 2009

Music Education

I like to listen to quirky folk muzicks, and I won't even lie, some of it is just out there crazy, but I like it. It's so much better than all of this re-mixed hip hop stuff that just gets used for grinding, grinding, and more grinding. Not that grinding is bad, but sometimes I like to lay in bed with a good book, or a pen and paper and just listen to nice music that helps me relax.

So here are some groups that I like right now. Some old, some new, they're quirky but give them a listen. I picked my favourite song to go with them also :) Give them a listen.

Deerhoof - Byun

CocoRosie - Not For Sale

Tapes 'n Tapes - Just Drums, or Buckle

The Postal Service - Be Still My Heart (if you fancy owl city, you'll most likely enjoy this song)

M.Ward - Chinese Translation

Headphones - What Are You Looking For?

The Apples in Stereo - Onto Something

I know, it's a bit of a list, but I just don't think I'm doing the world justice if I don't promote these musicians in some way or form. I most certainly do NOT have enough money/time to make them all super awesome T-shirts for me to wear around school, so for now bumping them on my blog will just have to do.

Just promise me you'll at least listen to one of these groups, even if you don't like them you'll have gotten a bit of musical diversity for the day :)

3 comments:

  1. Good music! :) I love the Postal Service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Postal Service, though I've never heard anything from the other bands you mentioned. But if there're anything like the Postal Service then I'll definitely check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice that you have such well differentiated taste in music from such a young age. Good for you!

    I don't know any of the bands you mentioned but will give them a try.

    ReplyDelete