Friday, October 30, 2009

Faults

Although contrary to most belief, I don't need someone to tell me my flaws, or faults. Everyone has them, and as this one girl once told me, it's ok if you recognize that you have these inadequacies, because once you realize that you have them, the sooner you can move on and maybe improve.

I know I'm not going to win the best friend of the year award, I know I eat like a man, I know I'm blunt, harsh, to the point, and pragmatic to the point of being an android, however It's ok.

I'm ok that I'm not perfect. And I wish some people would be ok with not being perfect also.

I'm not 4.0 gpa material, however I bet I could make you question your belief system.

I hate people that torture themselves because they possess faults that are beyond their control. You can't abruptly change your character, your personality overnight. It takes time.

2 comments:

  1. That is very true. It reminds me of this book that we're reading in English, called the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens... yeah, it sounds cheesey, but it does actually make valid points. Like you except minus the cheeseyness ;) But like you said, people need to learn to be okay with not being absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i were to list my faults, i would have a nice novel-sized collection of negativity. being imperfect makes us all unique characters. and improving ourselves makes us that much more fabulous. i think that you're just great, by the way. and your boobs. you can actually fill out your bras. i'd love to have this "flaw." sorry that i'm creepy.

    ReplyDelete