Thursday, November 4, 2010

Say whut?

So since signing up for NaNoWriMo I've written about 2,000 words, and yes I know I'm behind. While some might criticize my decision to commit to something as time consuming as writing a 50,000 word book in one month, I feel that if I don't do this now, I'll never do it.

And I'd like to say that I at least participated and failed...

It makes for good small talk I suppose.

I have a debate tourney this weekend, and I'm going to be there all by myself. It's going to suck. As much as I hate to admit it, I really don't do well by myself. Oh well, this'll give me time to write more.
It feels like this year everything is moving so fast. There is definetly not enough time in the day to do everything that needs to be done. Sometimes I find myself choosing between the wealfare of my mental health verses the wealfare of my grades. Needless to say, my mental health comes first.

Also, I've been finding myself less enthused about all of my extracurriculars. I feel like my core classes ask so much that anything on the side can just screw themselves because I'm too tired to care about them.

I hope dearly that I'm not like this as an adult. Not hating my life has always been a goal of mine.

Ah, btw, this is my Spock action figure. As you can tell, he's an aspiring photographer.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess it's better to try and fail then never to try at all, right? Or whatever quote it is that they say...

    Yeah, at this point I've starting having to choose homework over sleep, which kind of sucks. I have no idea how people do so many extracurriculars sometimes. Like, drama club and student council and the literary magazine and sports and this and that and AHHH. Stress.

    Not hating life is definitely a good goal, haha. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, Spock is a great photographer!

    That makes me sooo happy! Made my day much better.

    ReplyDelete