Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The History Channel sucks the fun out of errthang

No lie, all day I've been watching the History Channel and everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I was ever taught in grade school about Thanksgiving is a lie; however, I'm willing to forgive the History Channel for ruining my previous assumptions about the relationships between the native Wampanoags and Pilgrims due to the fact that they have shows like Pawn Stars and American Pickers that seem to fuel my never ending want for useless junk.

I hate to say it, but I've been kind of disconnected with the internet and other forms of communication because I have been halfheartedly trying to go off-grid in order to satiate my growing conspiracy theories and whatnot and.... yeah.

It's obviously not really working.

Anyways, nonsense aside I'm gearing up for the big turkey feast. This year I'll be making the yeast rolls, and in order to prepare I've watched a few Good Eats episodes here and there. That Alton Brown is a genius.

I'll probably spend my weekend recovering from food overdose.

How about you guys U.S. bound?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Turkey Day!!! Don't eat too much or you'll over sleep and miss our ridiculously hard History Test! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent my day doing AP history homework, also related to informing me on what actually occurred on Thanksgiving haha, and watching a bunch of Food Network shows that make me really really hungry. I'm trying to decide if tomorrow I should eat a small breakfast so I have more room for later, or just eat everything I want the entire day. It's a hard decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've never been a big fan of the History Channel. Speaking of history, though, reminds me that I stood up my hot date with my history textbook today. I don't think I should have...haha.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete