Sunday, October 17, 2010

Power song 2010 - 2011


Yes, I know, another video? However, this song is my power song for the upcoming debate season. In the past I've usually chosen mellow songs like Two Weeks by Grizzly Bear, or Chicago by Sufjan Stevens, but this year?

Cake's Short Skirt/Long Jacket is just the thing to get me pumped and motivated to write my cases. Between all my other homework I have absolutely no time to write them during the week, so any free time on the weekends is spent working all night trying to write something that will WIN.

I feel terribly unprepared this year since I'm not in the debate class, and virtually competing as a maverick, but I plan on kicking some major butt despite my lack of preparation.

"I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket"

2 comments:

  1. Power song, eh?

    Best of luck with your debates that you're working so hard for! I could never debate in a million years (I would just say, "you're right" and move on) but I admire those that can.

    Hope you're well!

    RE: Thank you for the birthday wishes! And yes, we will get through junior year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's the song in the beginning credits thingymabobsy for the show Chuck! I love that show, haha. :D But woo, it's definitely a fun pump up song. But yeah, you must be positively swamped with all of your debate work on top of all the homework you already have, so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete