Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Woes of life

I've missed blogging, reading blogs, etc. My computer has contracted a nasty virus, and I'm sneaking on carefully, trying not to screw anything up.... And to make it worse, the amount of homework I've been receiving has just increased. By like, tenfold. Homework is of Satan, unless you're a Satanist, and then I guess it's of George Bush. Just kidding. It's actually from Nazi's and that scary lady, Bombshell Mcgee.

Oh well, as Kurt Vonnegut would write, "So it goes."

As far as my social life, That Guy has been surprisingly somewhat less oblivious to the world, and his friend who we shall refer to as This Guy has also been a little more.... friendly.

If you call friendly saying 5+ words to me in a conversation.

Anyways, Monday night I slaved in the kitchen making two loaves of bread from scratch for my AP US History project on the northern colonies, and I have to say, for my first serious attempt at bread making, I think I did pretty good.

All the guys in my class loved it, and when I brought the leftovers to art This Guy complemented me, and also gave me a few tips on what to do next time I make bread. It's really awesome being able to brag about making the best sandwich on the face of the planet because you used your own bread that you made FROM SCRATCH. Take that faux domestic housewives that use store bought wonder-bread!

One step closer to being a unicorn. Ok, maybe I have 100 more steps to go, but still, closer to being just as awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I miss not having to resort to blogging DURING physics class. Blah. :P Cross country + homework = no free time.

    I wish we could make bread for my APUSH class! That would be fuuun. But congrats. On scratch is pretty impressive, I must say. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Abs! I thought I should clarify some things regarding Mix Tape since it has become rather chaotic.

    1. The idea that the posts should ascend as 101, 102, 103... was made with the assumption that a post would be written on the subject every week, however that has not been the case since everyone has been so busy with school. So, in order to keep Mix Tape more accessible to our readers, posts on subjects shall be numbered for the week it was posted (Monday through Sunday). I have taken the liberty of changing the numbers in past entries so that we are currently up to date. This week is week #12, so all posts this week including Sunday shall be numbered as 112. Monday will be 113.

    2. As I said, most of us have been pretty busy with school and work and don't have time to write our posts that week. This is perfectly fine! Though consequentially, I suggest that if you know that you will not be able to write your post for the week, then save a blank draft with the title labeled "[Subject] [#]: UP FOR GRABS". This will allow another contributor to write an entry on the subject if they choose to. Remember to delete the draft once the entry has been claimed or passed up.

    3. If you think you're way too busy to write absolutely any of your assigned entries, then please inform Lizzie or myself of whether or not you'd like to quit as a contributor. We won't hold it against you--we understand!

    4. We're currently looking for some contributors for fashion posts. If you're interested in adding it to your workload, then please inform Lizzie or myself. If you don't want the weekly responsibility, but are interested in writing one or two posts every once in a while, feel free to step in on Wednesdays to do so. Otherwise, it would be awesome if you could help let your own blog readers know that the position is open!

    Please direct any questions, comments, or concerns towards Lizzie or myself by email or blog comments, whichever suits you best. Thank you, and great job on all of those spectacular posts!

    -Abs

    ReplyDelete