Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The excitement before the end

I love the rush of things that happen around the end of a school year.

Last minute trips, rewards for hardwork, getaways with friends before separating because of vacation...!

Yesterday I volunteered to help out at the 5th grade field day, which to be honest I mainly did so I could have a legit reason to not come to school... BUT I was still helping the community, so it wasn't like I was some degenerate ragmuffin or anything...

While volunteering there was a lot of free time, and since it was held on our football field with all not-so-natural turf, I laid out and baked in the sun.

No worries, I wore SPF 50, but I still got really brown. Like, I thought I was brown before, but now? I am slowly turning into the gingerbread man. But not a man.

I was wearing my tennis shoes, so I got this horrible runner's tan, which prompted me to go out today and buy a pair of sandals. I have this pair, except in brown. Now I can have a totally rad set of tan lines on my feet!

They are boss, beast, and every other awesome B word in between. Best $25 I've ever spent in my entire existence as a teenage girl.

Right now I'm still excited. Counting weekends there are only 24 days of school left as of today, and Saturday I get to go to Six Flags!

Still looking for legit ways to not go to school, but until then I'll be filling my days with other forms of excitement.

1 comment:

  1. I'm highly envious of right now.. i have about 49 days of l'ecole left and on top of all the gloriousness, i've opted to take summer school so, i can get ahead of my fellow peers... grrr.

    by the way, those glads are darlings!!

    ReplyDelete