Sunday, May 23, 2010

Don't ruin my summer

My mom.

She's digging herself in a hole and there's nothing I can do about it. It's no secret that my mom and I don't have the best relationship, but it seems as if she's only trying to make it worse.

I found out from my step mom that my dad won't be able to spend father's day with my two younger sisters because my mother is being a ---- well, you know.

Not so long ago my parents wrapped up a lengthy, and somewhat ridiculous custody battle over my sisters and I that resulted in:

-me living with my dad full time, no visitation rights to my mom
-my sister Kimberly living with my mom full time, but alternating weekends with my dad
-my sister Stephanie, who is only five, alternates by week between my mom and dad
-my sisters spend the entire month of June with my mom, and July with my dad
-and a screwed up holiday schedule that I won't go into, however I will state that mother's and father's day are to be spent with the respective parents.

My mother, livid that my sisters are leaving for ONE weekend in June to spend father's day with my dad, is demanding that she receives a replacement weekend in July to compensate. Now normally my dad wouldn't have an issue with this, but my mother KNOWS that for the majority of July we're going to be in Vegas, and of course the weekend she wants is smack dab in the middle of when we're going to be there. My dad, refusing to give up our summer vacation that we had all been looking forward to since the beginning of the year just told my mom that she could have father's day weekend. When I asked my dad why he gave in, he just told me that he wasn't going to let my mom ruin anything, and giving up one weekend in June was a small price to pay to shut her up.

Sometimes I'm so angry at how petty my mom can be. She purposefully goes out of her way to ruin my dad's life and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of her trying to buy my love, I'm sick of her playing the victim of legal fees that SHE brought onto HERSELF, I'm tired of her pointing out my imperfections and making me feel bad, and then blaming my dad for my shortcomings.

STFU Mom. And on top of all of this, she's supposedly moving to Arkansas which, might I add, IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STATE. According to my dad I shouldn't worry because if she does decide move he gets full custody of my sisters, unless my mom wants to come down every other week when it's her turn to take care of my sisters.

UGH. I can't even talk about it without getting upset.

Oh well, hopefully this is the last time I'll have to rant about my mom this summer. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, it's good to be able to let out a huge rant about everything. I'm sorry your mom is being a not-so-nice person :P Everything sounds highly stressful and highly complicated. I hope things get worked out in the end, though. Somehow!

    ReplyDelete