Friday, December 30, 2011

Knitting!

Guys. I've found my new thing. Knitting.

And before you mock me for being an "old lady" like many of my family members, think about how awesomely functional it is. For those friends that are hard to buy for? I can now knit them a gift. Not to mention if I ever need a sweater, I no longer have to shop around for the 'perfect' one.


I'm no expert or anything, but I've managed to knit myself an infinity scarf over the past few days. Hopefully I'll eventually be able to make something awesome like this, that Eeshie suggested. Tomorrow I'm going to buy more yarn so that I can feed my knitting habit. Sadly, I was given a book for Christmas about knitting, but I'm a bit slow so I've had to resort to watching youtube tutorial videos in order to learn techniques. BUT, I knit on!

Guys. Really. You'll never be cold and lonely if you knit. And not just because you can knit yourself dolls and scarves to keep yourself warm. It's because people feel really special when stuff is made for them so they'll at least pretend to be your friend in order to get some mittens out of the relationship.

Just kidding.

Knitting is awesome though. Err'body should do it. It's better than drugs.... At least I would hope so.

Ok. I'm going to bed.

7 comments:

  1. OOOOH I love hobbies! I find a new one like every month, this month it's melting wax to make sculptures.

    I tried knitting once, I'm terrible at it, so kudos! The scarf is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have a Dr Who poster, so no matter what I will never ever think of you as old and crazy. Perhaps crazy but we're all a little crazy. If it's something you enjoy and you're good at it, go for it all the way regardless of what people think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad props yo, that scarf looks awesome. It's cool when we find random stuff that's fun to do, yeah?

    For me it's photography. I just wish it wasn't such a potentially expensive hobby, heh.

    Anyways, hope you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY WOW YOU CAN KNIT, AND YOU CAN KNIT WELL.

    I am so laughably bad at knitting, like...it's depressing.

    BUT. I really do love that scarf you made. And I was mentioned YAY :)

    Maybe when you become super skilled, you can make clothes like:

    http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&um=1&hl=en&biw=1144&bih=782&tbm=isch&tbnid=O-IktHhEggTkFM:&imgrefurl=http://blog.susannawinter.net/&docid=BosDg-RT6rQK7M&imgurl=http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv0vnvpaNx1qkwhp8o1_400.jpg&w=300&h=450&ei=iHD-TqT8JeXl0QG31rCHAQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=383&vpy=206&dur=2613&hovh=275&hovw=183&tx=108&ty=150&sig=102826227397457481356&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw=98&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEEEEEEEEEEES. That looks awesome. Better than anything I could do. More, more, more! Soon you'll be knitting up a storm and churning out 15 foot scarves every day. :D

    Also I love your poster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice! i only crochet & don't know how to knit. i feel that knitting is a lot more popular than crocheting! the scarf looks lovely : )

    p.s. DOCTOR WHO!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I knew how to knit! Sounds so cool :)

    ReplyDelete