Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm no poet

From the time I was very young I knew there was one thing I could never be....


As hard as I tried I could never properly express myself in verse. Purposefully rhyming was a chore and free verse was never my thing. English class of course requires you to do things like write poems and whatnot, so here I am. With a poem that I whipped up in Spanish class.


I wrote it as a bit of a joke, and it's meant to be rapped by Asher Roth or someone who sounds very similar to him. But yeah. In other news, my trip to Austin is a mere 2 DAYS AWAY, my dad is home from California and very happy about life, and I made a 95 on my Physics homework and an 80 on my lab! I'm surprised I did as well as I did on my lab because honestly, I had no idea what I was doing and I was expecting something along the lines of barely passing.


Tomorrow I start riding the bus... Not quite sure how that's going to go, but I'm going to be optimistic about it because there are only 7 Mondays left of school! 7 weeks! And out of those weeks only 3 of them are actual school weeks. I am a happy camper.

5 comments:

  1. Wrapped? Grammer Nazi shoots you for not putting "rapped"! :)

    I love your new layout and banner!!! And yeah, poems suck. And I really like how my "word verification" is treks.

    We're almost seniors!!! Scared yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove the make over of your blog! :D

    I've never been much of a poet either... For the one poem we had to write in English this year, I wrote about hamburgers...

    Yay for physics going better than expected! But even MORE of a yay for school being nearing it's end! I CANNOT WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new header and congrats on the good grades :D Have fun in Austin and loved the poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aria ARRRRGGGGG.... This always happens to me!

    @Natalie It's almost over! I'm so excited!

    @Em Haha, I didn't think anyone would actually click the link and read it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked the link and SO read it! i dig the reference to Rand. you DO have poetic essence inside of yourself! you just proved it.

    ReplyDelete