Saturday, December 5, 2009

Vignettes and lots of other homework.

  • My preAP English teacher is making us read The House on Mango Street, and although it's an easy read, I have to say reading vignettes are confusing. Since they do not go in direct chronological order you pretty much open the book and get these random episodes of this girl's life. It's a good book, just weird. Of course, since we're reading vignettes, my teacher assigned a project in which we had to come up with 12-15 titles, and from those titles write 5 vignettes about our lives. We also have to come up with a book cover, and on the back we have to come up with an explanation to why our book cover looks like that. I'm pretty excited because I've always wanted to do a little mini book project. And plus, writing the vignettes are super easy.
  • ACADEC competition is in January which means I have to cram a semester's worth of studying into christmas break. FUN. I'm looking forward to my brain oozing out of my ears.
My birthday is on the 15th, and instead of having a super awesome birthday I have to talk with Lawyers about money and whatnot. OH THE JOY.

This is why I LOVE lawyers. They make my birthday SO AWESOME. /end sarcasm.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not going to pretend to exactly know what vignettes are, but if they're easy then I suppose that's good, hehe. The book project sounds fun! The Christmas cram studying, however, does not :P

    And I'm sorry you have to be stuck with lawyers on your birthday... that sucks big time :/ But hey, who knows, maybe one of them will surprise you and bring a cake or something? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of that book, the whole vignette thing seems kinda interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your oozing imagery. Watch out for dust jackets, I hate dust jackets! Happy Birthday, Bookish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you're so pleasant to read even through your sarcasm! your birthday is going to be awesome--i just KNOW it!

    ReplyDelete