Sunday, July 14, 2013

July - week 2

So, you know how I was complaining about how hard it was to make friends? Well, I went out and made some friends.  And you know what, I OWN my social awkwardness. I got to explore San Luis Obispo, which is a town about 45 minutes away from me.  They have a farmer's market every Thursday, which we were told was very awesome---- So of course I had to check it out.

I went with the people in my FTAC class and bought a bunch of strawberries and other delicious foods. I'm definitely going to go back with my boyfriend next week.  Especially since they had live jazz and Thai food.  I'm all about that.

But yeah.  That was pretty much the highlight of my week.  The military LOVES to powerpoint their troops into oblivion, but I didn't think my FTAC class was too bad.  Now that it's over I'm going to be returning back to my work grind.

I didn't realize it, but my 1 month anniversary with my boyfriend was this weekend and he surprised me with flowers and chocolate.  It was a pleasant surprise because none of my other boyfriends ever made a big deal out of month-aversaries before... I feel really spoiled.

Earlier today we made tye-dye shirts, which are currently in the washer... He got all excited and giddy when we were making them because he's never really done artsy things before.  It was really adorable.  Hopefully I'll remember to put them in the dryer tonight so that they'll be done in the morning :P

Anyway, here's hoping that next week is even more fun!

1 comment:

  1. Are you serious? Wow, I guess we are a rarity. Because with my ex I always made an effort to do little special things for her for our monthly anniversary even years into our relationship.

    And then I'd stockpile something bigger for yearly or special dates.

    ReplyDelete