Saturday, December 29, 2012

December recap

Christmas was wonderful.

So very, very, wonderful.  I got some awesome gifts (some of which were: new boots, LOTS of Hello Kitty things, and money), as well as some not-so awesome gifts that may or may not end up being re-gifted or swapped.

The best gift however, came in the form of a white Christmas.  I shit you not my friends, on Christmas night it snowed in my east Texas town.  It was wonderful.


Don't be fooled by the scale of that snowman.  It was only a foot tall.  Of course, all the snow is gone now, but I heard that it should snow sometime in the next few weeks around JB's birthday.  

Anyway, I've been taking advantage of the fact that some of my friends are home for Winter break and I've been spending time with a few of them.


I've also been writing letters, drinking lots of warm tea and peppermint coffee, and watching the entire Glee series with my stepmom and sister.

I didn't make any resolutions last year (that I can remember) and I probably won't make any this year.  I always get disappointed when I don't fulfill them all.  Does it count if I'm getting rid of a lot of my stuff?  When I leave for basic I will also be fully moved out of my parents house.  I've already started packing up stuff into boxes, giving stuff away (hooray for Blogger Family swaps!), and just in general minimalizing all of my belongings that aren't clothes.  Is that sort of a resolution? To move/minimalize?

Ah, well I hope everyone has a safe, happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. YAY SNOW! I really miss it. It just was spectacular, y'know?

    I think to minimize your possessions is sort of resolution, yes. Who cares if it's a new years' one or not. You're making change and that's good! I am in the process of doing the same thing. Time to pack away all my Christmas supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good resolution. It's mine too, since I'm moving in a few weeks.

    I'm glad christmas was lovely and that it snowed! I also got a lot of Hello Kitty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you say it's a resolution then it counts as one. Mine is to just make one, that way I only have to break one resolution. That does sound like a pretty awesome Christmas. I didn't get any snow, which makes me sad, but I'm enjoying hearing about other people's escapades in it, which suits me fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay snow!! I wish I had snow. Happy new year, here's wishing the very best:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome to move to Canada if you want, we got heaps of it all over the place. Makes driving a pain. :P

    ReplyDelete