Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Adjusting

Oh boy.

I meant to write sooner, but you know how it is.  Life.  Doing stuff. Laziness.

I'm still settling into California--- still making friends and exploring the area, of course.

Almost every day I make a list of things that I just NEED to do.  Like: pick up my packages from the post office, clean the bathroom, buy stuff on Amazon for my room.

I didn't realize how many things I needed in terms of "homegoods" until I got here.  I spent a large portion of my last paycheck on pans, a tea kettle, and cooking utensils.  I still need to buy a few more dinnerware items, but that'll have to wait until next pay day.

And just buying little things like food, cleaning supplies, and clothes--- I'm just like, WOAH. I really need to reasses the meaning of want vs. need.

I want a knife set, but I don't need it right now.

or

I need to get wifi in my room, but it's not a priority.

It's hard for me to prioritize one over the other.  And I have the same mental battle for anything else I want/need.

Here's a list of things that I want/need, but haven't gotten yet because they're pretty expensive:

-A compass tattoo
-A rice cooker
-A new camera
-A mobile hotspot  jk. I just bought one.
-dinnerware set

I mean, this list is virtually infinite. But I decided to stop myself there.

Ugh. Stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment