Thursday, February 24, 2011

in which my heart flutters like a fangirl

It's no lie, I've been a Fall Out Boy fan since the sixth grade. Even when Infinity on High came out I still stuck true as a fan, despite the fact that I felt that the album was a little overproduced. BUT NOW.
Patrick, my favorite band member has gone solo. YES. His voice is like melting butter on a blueberry muffin; like Adam Lavine on silk; like dew on a blade of grass; like the smoothest, sharpest cheddar cheese....

Ok so maybe those similes were a bit disturbing and somewhat creepy, but you have no idea how many times I've listened to his voice. Back when I was all dark, twisty, and quasi-depressed (and seeing a shrink) his voice lulled me to sleep at night, and now that I'm ok his music is almost like the continuation of life. I've moved on, and so has his music. Ok, I just read the last two sentences, and I'm quite aware of the cheese ratio in them, but I don't care.


Patrick Stump is back, and his music is too :) BTW, if you haven't heard his cover of Marvin Gaye's song Let's Get It On..... well you should listen to it. I can't help but think that his new makeover makes him look like one of my favorite philosophers Søren Kierkegaard... Aaaaand that picture is my screensaver.


I usually don't think cover songs are as good as the original, but I like this verson slightly better than Andre 3000's.

No comments:

Post a Comment