- I'm ALMOST in the top 10%. I'm ranked 30 out of 288. Yes. That's right. I only have to jump up a few more spots and I'm IN. Once I'm in scholarships moneyz will start rolling in and I'll be set. Also, some colleges do automatic acception if you're in the top 10%.
- I'm in LOVE with our blogger family group on Facebook. It almost sort of makes up for the fact that I can rarely blog during weekdays anymore.
- I made a 99 on my AP English project and a 100 on my AP Environment project. At the rate I'm going at now I should be able to weasel my way into the top 10%. A lot of AP kids are either failing, or making substandard grades, so I feel pretty confident. Is is wrong that I like that they're not doing as well as me? Does that make me evil? Or a bad person? Pfffttt... Who am I kidding, I really need the scholarship money.
- Now that it's the weekend I can finally watch TV! I think I average a grand total of 2 hours during the week? However, my weekends have begun disappearing on me because of homework and other school stuff.
- This has brought me so.much.joy.
- My friends. Let me introduce you to Lensbaby. It's amazing. It's wonderful. I LOVE MANUALLY CHANGING THE APERTURE. For everyone that could care less about cameras, it's pretty much just a specialty lens that allows you to take pictures with cool focal effects that you usually have to get through Photoshop nowadays. Here are some sample pictures that I took at a football game last night.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
I'll get the bad things out of the way first.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
I hate that my non-AP friends don’t understand what I’m going through. Whenever I tell them that I have a lot of homework, or that I’m stressed about my classes all they say is “that sucks” and just laugh. Sometimes they just tell me to quit AP since I’m so stressed.
No. I’m not quitting AP. The only way I won’t be in an AP class is if the teacher throws me out themself (which my AP Govt. teacher is currently doing to a lot of people because she’s hell-bent on expelling everyone that she thinks won’t make a 3 or higher on the AP exam). It’s not that I need these classes per se, but the point of taking the classes is to adequately prepare myself for a rigorous college workload.
If I quit AP then who’s to say I won’t quit classes when I get into college because they stress me out?
Is a little understanding too much to ask for?
Now, I’m not saying everyone is like this. However the people who are like that really annoy me. Like my grandma (you know, the one that ALWAYS comes over). When she heard about my course load she said “Well, you must not have taken all of your hard classes first.”
Well damn. I’ve done nothing BUT taken hard classes (sans math, which is hard enough for me without being an honors class).
I don’t know. I just want people to be aware that my occasional panic attacks, crazy antics, and pained expressions aren’t because I’m making a big deal out of nothing. I’m making a big deal out of MY FFFing EDUCATION, meaning: I’m trying to start on the right path so I can eventually live my ideals.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.”
― Will Smith
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Ok so I’ve allotted myself about 5 minutes to blog, so this’ll just be really quick!
1. I have a massive eco-column project going on in Environmental Science, but luckily I have a super awesome group to work with. It’s very rigorous (the project) and is going to consume about 2-3 months of my life. FUN FUN. I’ll post pictures when we assemble it because it’s going to look awesome! I feel confident because I feel like I actually know what I’m doing. Also I MADE A 101% on the first test! I was scared because a lot of people failed, but I managed to make one of the highest grades in the class!
2. In AP English I just finished yet another group project and I think it turned out well. We had to write a children’s book and my group’s was about a pig named Sebastian who wanted to fly. I probably post pictures of that later too :P They’re too cute not to share!
3. AP Govt. is not my friend. I’m close to loathing that class. Like, really close.
4. I joined an AP student union. I can’t say anything else because I signed a confidentiality agreement :/
5. I’m ahead in my AP Studio Art portfolio assignments! Yay!
There’s been a lot of drama going on this week as well, but I’m just not going to dwell on it for now.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
I'm part of a female volunteer organization for my school and most of the time we just help out at food kitchens or play bingo with the elderly, so you can imagine my excitement whenever we get to do something different.
The bands that were at the concert were on the Music With A Mission Tour, and if you can't already tell by the tour name it was just a bunch of Christian bands.... yeah. I don't really listen to that much Christian music... in fact the only Christian band I ever listened to was Reliant K, and I honestly didn't know they were Christian until I wikipedia-ed them a year after buying a handful of their songs on iTunes. In the 6th grade.
I guess my lack of interest can be summed up by my confusion. Do they sing about Christian things, or do they just sing in a Christian way? Or both? I don't know. The local bands in my area are 95% screamo and claim to be Christian (whilst citing Slipknot and Pantera as their musical influences on their Facebook pages) so you can understand my confusion. Not that I'm hating on Christian, or screamo music... I just prefer to listen to other things.... Gah. I'm just digging myself into a hole.